Amy. 22. Scottish. Cerebral Palsy. English and Creative Writing Student. Potterhead. Slytherin. StarKid. Whovian. NerdFighter. All-Round YouTube Fanatic. Disney Obsessor. Pokémon Master. Simmer.
Hogwarts/Kanto/The Internet/The TARDIS/ Pigfarts/NerdFighteria/Ponyville/Faron.
But definitely not the real world.
Questions or Comments?
My Liked Posts
Tagged Posts to Me
My New Blog! :)
I'm ALWAYS On YouTube
Stalk Me On Twitter
Amy's Random Photo Collection
...I Write FanFiction...
I'm On The Ning! :)
My Sims3.com Profile
Anonymous said: My boyfriend says he's going to break up with me if I don't sleep with him. What's the kindest way to tell him to shove it?
Every month or so, I like to make a list of things that make me happy. The rules are:
- They have to be little things that I don’t appreciate often enough or take for granted in every day life.
- I have to fill the WHOLE page.I usually find myself writing out a page of happy things when I’m in a good and happy place and I’m worried it’s going to come to an end soon. It’s like a little reminder that despite the big good things that are going on in my life like my job and my friendships, even if they go arse over teakettle, there’s a whole bunch of little things in life that aren’t going anywhere. No matter what, the world will always have Thunderstorms, Starbucks will always sell Chai Tea Latte’s and my bright Red Converse with Purple Laces won’t ever let me down! Those stars won’t die out for millions of years and will be there for me to gaze at or wish on when I need them, my big red bean bag will never fail to give me comfort and a kiss on the forehead from that someone special will always light up my heart.I urge you to give this a go. It really helps! Whenever I write out a new list, I promise to share it with you all! :DYours Hopefully,CarrieXXX
You’re romanticising my childhood and I feel old…
With the STARKID SUMMER SEASON, we wanted to bring our fans more content than ever before, and that includes those who have an ocean in the way (or just general space). Here a few important things to know about our broadcasts!
- Our livestream broadcasts are brought to you courtesy of Gigity. To view/purchase tickets to any broadcast, visit OUR GIGITY PROFILE.
- All times listed are in central time.
- If you can’t make it exactly on time for the broadcast, that’s ok! The broadcasts will be archived and available for you to rent at a later date.
- A rental lasts 5 days after you first start watching the broadcast!
- Right now the plan is to leave the broadcasts up the for the foreseeable future!
- If you experience problems loading the livestream broadcast, please be patient! Gigity receives a lot of traffic all at once during these events, so it can be unpredictable sometimes. Furthermore, sometimes the problem can be with the equipment/connection you’re watching with! Usually most loading problems clear up after a short period of time. If not, again, the broadcasts can be viewed for up to 5 days after you begin watching so there’s plenty of time to get caught up!
Schedule of Events:
- UNSUNG STARKID - 10:30pm - $6
- 17 THINGS THAT WILL MAKE YOU LAUGH, #4 WILL BLOW YOUR MIND - 10:30pm - $5
For more info on our Late Night shows, click here.
And if you need a cheat sheet for the STARKID SUMMER SEASON, click here.
Thanks everyone! See you online!
I’ve always thought of myself as quite an open person. I used to be quite secretive as a teenager and I liked my space but, what teenager doesn’t go through a phase like that, I suppose? I’ve grown up a lot since then and realised “a problem shared is a problem halved” and whilst I was very much more open than in my teens, in the last few months due to the changes I made that I mentioned in my last blog, I’ve realised that what I thought was me being open and happy to share…wasn’t actually that at all. To sum in up in short…I’m done with playing games. I want to use my words.
I’m always on about communication being underrated and using your words to actually express how you feel instead of letting people guess and keeping them in the dark but I’ve come to realise that I, myself, never explored that to it’s full extent. When I say that I’m done with playing games, the two games that, I’ve found, are usually played are these: 1. You feel a certain way. Instead of letting someone know how you feel, you drop hints to see if they figure it out on their own and if they don’t figure it out, you hold it against them because you feel they should know you better. 2. You feel a certain way. Instead of communicating those feelings you hide them because if you do reveal how you feel, it would lead to an awkward conversation so you see how long you can keep quiet for and make those problems disappear by themselves. (Which they never do…#JustSayin’)
That could be, totally, just me. I’ve played those games before. And well. However, I don’t think it’s just me because I’ve definitely had those games played on me before and boy, is it sucky and man, am I tired of it! I’ve got to a point where I don’t understand why we can’t just be straightforward! Why can’t I just use my words and have people use their words back at me? (Why can’t we all just bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and eat it and be happy?!?!) There’s no need for games and hiding. You can never help the way you feel and if you’ve changed your mind about something, that’s totally okay. What’s not okay is hiding how you feel and keeping other people in the dark and letting them make decisions based on the way you used to feel without correcting them because it really does effect other people sometimes! I made a whole video on this so I’m going to let past me do the talking and I’ll move on to my actual point….
Recently, I’ve realised what it is to actually be honest by meeting kindred, broken spirits. It’s a bittersweet thing to admit to somebody that you’ve been so emotionally broken by somebody else that you know how not to treat someone else that way and to have them admit the same thing back to you. It’s bitter because it sucks you’ve all been treated that way but it’s sweet because you know how NOT okay it is to treat someone that way and you’ll all make a huge effort to avoid it. Recently, I have met such kindred spirits and strangely (bittersweetly) more than one, boys and girls alike. They are truly wonderful people and how anyone ever treated them in such a way is BEYOND me but the fact I get to meet them and talk to them and prove to them that not everyone is going to be sucky, is wonderful and I feel very lucky to be friends with them. We get to be part of the healing process for each other. The thing we gotta work on is how not to get so involved in fixing each other that we ignore our own problems. That would land us all back at square one.
So, yeah. I’ve started to be more honest about how I feel. More open. More willing to say “Actually, I’m not entirely happy with that.” or “Can I just say, I actually really like you?” or “I don’t think you realise just how sorry I am”. It’s making such a huge difference to my life and by expressing these feelings I never feel like I’m carrying around any extra weights. I feel like a far more light hearted, less intense, well balanced person. Sure, it sucks I had to go down a road very close to hell to get here but being here now is what matters…right?xxx